Taking a look at some highlights from the U18 Level at this past weekend’s Yale Jr. Bulldogs Jamboree:
* The host Yale Jr. Bulldogs scored four first half goals and held on for a 5-3 win over Mid-Fairfield National. Goals by Charles Blanchard and Cooper Snee staked the Bulldogs to a 2-0 lead early in the first half before Mid-Fairfield evened things with goals from Blake Burke and Luke Calabria. Blanchard added his second goal of the day, and Ethan Wolcott and recent-Cornell commit Alex Pelletier also scored for Yale. Antonio Donohue also had a goal for Mid-Fairfield.
* A Tarik Mrkva goal at 16:40 of the first half was all the New Jersey Titans National needed to eke out a 1-0 win over the Connecticut Chiefs National. Goalies Owen Thulen (Chiefs) and Kiefer Mulvey (Titans) both had strong games. Check out what Mulvey had to say after the game here:
* The Long Island Gulls Showcase squad picked up a win after outslugging the Connecticut Chiefs Split by a 6-4 score. Tyler Granelli netted a pair of goals for the Gulls, and Ronald Kemly contributed a goal and two assists. Jesse Lemza, Ryan Colapinto and Greg Monthie also had goals for the Gulls. Logan Sinacola, Ivan Miasoedenkov, Lucas Sinacola and Dylan Ness scored for the Chiefs.
* Down 3-0 at the half, the Neponset River Rats rallied to earn a 3-3 standoff with the Mid-Fairfield Showcase entry. Goals by Sean Gray, Dylan McEvoy and Ryan Levesque brought the Rats back after Owen Gibbons, Billy Collins and Will Jackson had staked Mid-Fairfield to the early 3-0 lead. Here is the first goal of the game from Gibbons:
* Neponset River Rats National took down the Springfield Thunderbirds National by a 5-3 count. Ty Wood led the attack with a pair of goals, and Evan Regan notched a goal and assist. Ryan Lucarelli and Josh Williams each netted their first goals of the Beast falls season. Nick Petkovich, Antoine Gauthier and DJ Parouse had goals for Springfield.
* The Connecticut Chiefs Split club found itself trailing the Buffalo Regals Showcase club 4-0 in the first half before storming back to salvage a 4-4 tie. Tyler Fantry (assist), Ivan Miasoedenkov, John Marilley and Logan Sinacola brought the Chiefs even. Two goals apiece from Ivan Milovidov and James Bastone had given Buffalo that early four-goal advantage.
* Blake Burke and Braden O’Neil each had a pair of goals to lead Mid-Fairfield National to a 6-1 win over the Springfield Thunderbird Nationals. Sean Gibbons and Mark Pizzo added goals. Mossy Kearney had the lone goal for Springfield.
* Goals by Wesley Jones, Michael Yorba and AJ Iwinski (two assists) each had a goal as the Maine Jr. Mariners won their first Beast League game, edging past the New Jersey Titans Showcase team, 3-2. Take a look at Yorba’s goal here: