In the 15U division, Boston Hockey Academy took down Atlantic Coast Hockey Academy 5-2 Friday night at Newington Arena. The offense was led by Svit Ravnik and Bexultan Makysh, who each had two goals in the win while Michal Marsalek added the other. Dennis Michaels was solid in goal for Boston Hockey Academy in the win.
* In other 15U action, the Long Island Gulls beat the EC Militia 4-3 in comeback fashion Saturday night at the Northford Ice Pavilion. EC Militia was holding a 2-0 lead early in the second, when the Gulls exploded for four goals on two by Dylan Dean and one each by Kevin Lysohir and Jason Rothstein to take a 4-2 lead. With 30 seconds remaining, EC Militia got one back on a goal by Nick Hand, but it wasn’t enough as the Gulls hung on for the win.
* The Long Island Gulls also took down the Neponset Valley River Rats 5-2 for their second win of the weekend. With the score 1-1 after one half, the Gulls scored three straight to open up the second. Owen DeGraff, Anthony Cutalo and Dominick Mack all scored to make it 4-1. Cameron MacPherson scored for the River Rats to cut it to 4-2, but Sean Miller scored another for the Gulls to seal the victory.
The Long Island Gulls 14U beat the North Shore Wings 3-2 in a tight battle Friday night at the East Haven Ice Rink. Richard Janiello’s second goal of the game, with just 17 seconds left, snapped a 2-2 deadlock. The Gulls got on the board first with a short-handed goal by Matthew Koch and went up 2-0 on a Richard Janniello goal. The NS Wings battled back to tie the game on goals by Joseph Mongiello and Luke Salah.
* Goals from Leo Zhu, Ben Pernicano and Aidan Simmons were enough for the Neponset River Rats to slip past the Springfield Thunderbirds, 3-2. Kyle Mann and Sam Gracifeia split time in goal for the Rats
* Cam Cataruzolo scored twice and added three assists as the East Coast Militia took down the New Jersey Titans, 9-5, in a wild one. Check out Jayden Kingsbury-Pugh‘s early goal for the Militia:
* In their second game, the Neponset River Rats took down the North Shore Wings, 5-3. It was 2-2 after one half as both teams exchanged back-to-back goals. The NS Wings opened up the scoring in the second on a goal by Ryan Mogielnicki. The River Rats tied the game at three on a Ben Pernicano goal. and Leo Zhu‘s goal gave the Rats a 4-3 lead with four minutes remaining, Neponset got and insurance goal with 22 seconds left from Zachary Noxon.
* In the 13U division the Long Island Gulls defeated the Yale Jr. Bulldogs 7-2 in their game on Friday at Choate. Logan Moran led the offense with two goals and Jake Conroy, Ryan Felsberg, Andrew Randazzo, James Fox and Michael Kandrach all added one. Joseph Violante was solid in net for the Gulls.
* In another 13U game played Saturday at the Northford Ice Pavilion, the East Coast Militia took down the Yale Jr. Bulldogs 7-4. It was a crazy first half as seven goals were scored making it a 4-3 EC Militia lead after one. The Bulldogs tied the game at four early in the second half on Owen Hannah’s second of the game, but the Militia then scored three unanswered goals by Thomas McGuiggin, Cole Butler and Reese Ewell to win 7-4.
* The East Coast Militia went 2-0 on the weekend as they also won their second game beating the Long Island Gulls, 5-0. It was 1-0 after the first half as the Gulls kept it close, but the Militia scored four times in the second half on goals by Nathan Gafanhao, Thomas McGuiggin, Luke Giovanello and James Johnson.