A look at some game highlights from the Beast League's Columbus Day Showcase, which featured games at the U18, U16 and U15 levels. Playoff rounds are next up, the weekend of October 20-22.
* Two goals from Marcel Tynymbaev and one from Vlad Triebwasser (his second of the game) snapped a 2-2 first half time and propelled the North Shore Hockey Academy to a 5-2 win over West Haven. Jarrrett Rainey-Gibson also had a goal for North Shore. Blake Baksay and Paul Wiczek each had a goal for West Haven.
* Colin Weston scored twice to power the Neponset River Rats Showcase club to a 4-2 win over the Atlantic Coast Academy. Dalton Kane and defenseman Logan Goodman each had a goal as well.
* In a game that saw all nine goals scored in the first half of action, the Avon Regals doubled up the New Jersey Rockets, taking a 6-3 win. Connor Davis and Patrick Walsh each had a pair of goals for the Regals. Nicholas Petrut and Jakum Kohn also found the back of the net for the Regals. Vin Bronzo and Christian Chouha each had a goal and assist for the Rockets.
* The Seacoast Performance Academy and Springfield Thunderbirds National skated to a 4-4 deadlock. Jaden Duprey had a hat trick for Seacoast. Jake Petrin fired home a pair of goals for the Thunderbirds.
* The Neponset River Rats Tier 2 picked up a pair of Sunday wins, knocking off the New Jersey Bears, 6-4, and the Connecticut Chiefs Split entry, 4-1. Against the Bears, John Reidy, David Williams, Colin Murphy, Reade O'Hara, Griffin Faherty and Tommy Halloran each had a goal. Williams, Halloran, Brendan McCarthy and Owen Welch lit the lamp in the win over the CT Chiefs.
* Willum Braun made 27 saves and Eric Kaid scored twice to power the Long Island Gulls to a 4-0 win over Mid-Fairfield National. The Gulls also got goals from Ryan Wachtel and William Tomko.
* Defenseman Nick Brandano had a goal and an assist as the Neponset River Rats Showcase squad edged the Buffalo Regals, 3-2. Kristian Gingras and Connor Heagney added goals in the win.
* The Springfield Thunderbirds got a 43-save performance from netminder Ben McCormick and first-half goals from Cameron Herr and Luk Dec to blank the New Hampshire Mountain Kings, 2-0.
* Luke Matthews scored two first half goals, and Nicholas Petrut and Brendan Tighe also scored as the Avon Regals took down the East Coast Militia, 4-1. A Troy Hayes goal had given the Militia a 1-0 lead early in the game.
* In the U16 division the New Jersey Rockets shut out Boston Hockey Academy 5-0. Dante Rodriguez opened up the scoring with two goals in the first half and then Frantisek Netusil had two of his own to open up the second half. Christian Mamera added another with less than two minutes to go. Matthew Minchak was solid in net for the Rockets.
* In their second game of the weekend, the New Jersey Rockets won again, this time beating the Neponset River Rats 4-1. Jackson Accardi led the offensive attack with two goals and Martins Klaucans and Dante Rodriguez each added one.
* The Avon Regals and Valley Forge Minutemen played to a 1-1 tie in their game at the New England Sports Village. It was 0-0 heading into the second half when James Odyniec broke the tie for the Regals with a power play goal. Grant Hudson tied it with a goal for the Minutemen shortly after. Both goalies - the Regals' Tyler Bridge and Jake Rotwitt of the Minutemen - played well.
* The Neponset River Rats edged out Mid-Fairfield National, 4-3, thanks to a pair of goals from Joe Feinberg. Michael Munroe had a goal and two assists. Jake Assad had a goal as well for the Rats.
* The Long Island Gulls continued their strong play with a 3-0 shutout win over the EC Militia. The Gulls got goals from Nicholas Sykora, Nathaniel Poole and Jordon Sirota and a tremendous outing in goal from Leon Chapkis.
Check out a post-game interview with Leon Chapkis here:
* The New Jersey Rockets U15’s beat the EC Militia 4-1 behind a two-goal game from Nicholas Desiderio. Desiderio got the Rockets on the board 1-0 and the score stayed like that until EC Militia tied it at one early in the second on a goal by Whalen Chin. The Rockets responded with a power play goal by Ryan Tserlin to take a 2-1 lead and followed that up with another power play goal from Mark Konstantinov.
Here is Desiderio talking about the Rockets' win
* The Long Island Gulls continue to roll as they beat the Neponset River Rats 3-1 Saturday at Foxboro Sports Center. Max Dube opened up the scoring with a goal half way through the first half. Early in the second, the Gulls doubled their lead on a goal by Kevin Lysohir. Thomas Broderick cut into the lead on a River Rats power play goal, but Lyoshir scored his second of the game to seal the win.
* Ryan Bello and Tucker O'Neill each had a goal and assist to power the Neponset River Rats to a 4-1 win over Yale Jr. Bulldogs. Tommy Broderick and Cam MacPherson also had goals in the win.